MP11SE: The Pianist’s Stage Piano
- Class-leading Grand Feel wooden-key keyboard action
- Stunning Shigeru Kawai SK-EX, SK-5, and Kawai EX concert grand piano sounds, with full 88-key sampling
- Strong selection of realistic tine, reed, FM electric piano sounds, and other subsidiary sounds
- Wide variety of Virtual Technician and other sound editing parameters for flexible manipulation
- Intuitive panel interface with independently adjustable sound sections and assignable control knobs
- Powerful 4-channel MIDI master controller functions for advanced zone/split creation
- 1/4" unbalanced and XLR balanced outputs, 1/4" inputs with Line In level fader
- Brand new GFP-3 triple pedal unit, engineered and manufactured by Kawai
- Sturdy metal chassis with black polish wooden side arms
The MP11SE has been developed to offer the most realistic concert grand piano playing experience within a portable stage instrument. Built around the class-leading Grand Feel wooden-key keyboard action, the MP11 is the only stage piano to feature real wooden keys for all 88 black and white notes, with an extended key pivot length matching that of a Kawai acoustic grand
piano. This superb keyboard action is partnered with Kawai’s Harmonic Imaging XL sound engine, which delivers stunning reproductions of the flagship Shigeru Kawai SK-EX Concert and mid-sized SK-5 Studio grand pianos, in addition to the venerable Kawai EX concert grand and K-60 upright pianos, and a number of tonal variations voiced for different musical genres. Alongside these authentic acoustic pianos are a selection of lovingly sampled tine, reed, and FM electric pianos, and an assortment of subsidiary sounds for use in layers and splits.
The MP11SE’s intuitive panel layout separates the acoustic piano, EPs, and subsidiary sounds into independently controllable sections that can be layered, split, or zoned with an additional MIDI section supporting up to 4 channels. The instrument’s countless Virtual Technician, sound edit, reverb, effects, and amp simulation parameters allow every aspect of the sound to be manipulated and tweaked in real-time from the four assignable control knobs, while the 200+ SETUP memories provide a convenient way to store and immediately recall complete instrument configurations at the touch of a button.
As the pianist’s stage piano, the MP11SE includes a sturdily-built triple pedal unit providing full Damper, Sostenuto, and Soft pedal control. This brand new GFP-3 pedal unit has been engineered and manufactured by Kawai, and utilises optical sensors for each pedal to ensure smooth and accurate progressive pedal control without the need for periodic recalibration.
The MP11SE’s professional appearance and rock-solid build quality inspires confidence within the pianist. Its reinforced base and metal chassis ensures the premium wooden-key keyboard action inside remains secure and stable, even when performing the strongest fortissimo passages, while the classically styled ebony polish side arms further reinforce the MP’s rich acoustic piano heritage.